Monday, December 16, 2013

Chocolate Fantasy!

Chocolate Fantasy?! you are thinking - I thought the theme was love! Well at first I found the topic to be quite challenging. I had some lovely ideas but as always the issue was how to execute the ideas. Maybe I was over thinking this. So I asked my husband what image came to mind when I said "Love" and he said "I love Chocolate Cake". Feeling very inspired I raided Glady's fabric stash for the perfect piece of velvet and proceeded to make cake. This piece came together pretty fast and I have to admit I had a lot of fun making it. The hardest part was getting a decent picture! You would never know it was a cloudy day when I took these.
This picture isn't too bad but still a touch shiny so I tried again.








I think you can see the detail better on this one. The ribbon is from our favorite place to buy cake that you can actually eat! Its from Cakebread bakery so decadent hubby and I share a slice.



 So you may be wondering about the "Chocolate Fantasy" well in my very active imagination the background is dark chocolate wallpaper, the velvet cake with satin icing and chocolate sprinkles speak for themselves (I hope) and the plate is chocolate too!!! I hope you "love" chocolate cake too!!

3 comments:

  1. Karrie! It looks absolutely delicious! And your quilting is really impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so delicious! Love the sequins!

    ReplyDelete